Sunday, January 28, 2007

Some Changes

I am writing this post to imform the Slaw Family bloggers that I have made some changes- hopefully for the better- to the blog by updating it to the new version of blogger. Even though the blog may look the same, many features have been changed. Specifically, I was thinking about the new privacy features. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I recently took away the username and password from the main screen in response to a comment from someone outside our family. I think it would be for the best if only our family could view/post on the blog- but maybe others want friends to view the blog- I don't know. If the consensus is that only people from our family should be able to view the blog, then I need every blogger's email so that I can allow those people to make posts on/view the blog. In the meantime, here is how you make a post:

Under links on this site, select www.blogger.com; click on New Blogger in the upper righthand corner of the screen; Username:matt@ettleson.com, password: dummyline; click "sign in"; click on "New Post" in the Slaw Dummyline box- you should be transfered to a new screen with a text box- that is where you type in what you want to post.

I hope this transition from old to new runs smoothly, and if anyone has any questions or concerns, please contact me at matt@ettleson.com- at least that has not changed...:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other than being totally confused
(which doesn't take much) I will
wait upon our return from California to tackle this. Being a
novice I have to take one tiny step
at a time and not a giant leap !!!!
I will really miss the computer and
of course, all of you.
Love you, xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Matt, it has taken me DAYS to get the comments to open! And for some reason, it also just thinks forever when I try to click on the "New Blogger" at www.blogger.com. I don't know why it has been so slow/stuck. Hopefully it's just a temporary/random problem. Let's keep testing it periodically. Thx