Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Summer Ending

For some of us students (and teachers), the summer is coming to an end. I would like to take this time to reflect on what a memorable summer it has been. From going coast to coast in two weeks (San Diego to Washington D.C.) and visiting several college campuses in between, it has been one of the busiest summers of my life. Of course, that only makes the time pass quicker. I have documented many of my summer experiences on this blog, and I hope others follow that lead for summers (and falls, winters, and springs) to come. As our family becomes older and relatives spread out across the country, communication becomes that much more important to keep our family ties tight. While a blog such as this isn't the most personal of mediums for communication, I like to think of it as a virtual dining room table everyone is able to sit around and listen and share their own thoughts (like at Camp Slaw)- and this post is no exception. I would like anyone who reads this to use the comments area to input their own thoughts about the blog, the summer, or anything else.

Matt

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, Uncle Mike White had another impressive triatholon across the border in Wisconsin. He finished second in his age group out of 12. This time, his commitment to fitness well get much-deserved recognition in the blog (for what it's worth).

Anonymous said...

i've been doing a lot tennis, just recently a tournament. As you all know Washington D.C. was a ton of fun and not to mention a lot of walking. Enjoy the rest of the summer if you have any!

Anonymous said...

I really like this blog idea. Matt, I liked what you said about keeping the family ties strong as we each venture on different paths. It has been a busy summer for me. I always hate it when the summer ends because I like spending time with the kids. I really like it when they are around. Time goes by way too quickly. Jeri

Anonymous said...

this blog just makes me love everybody even more!

why did i not know about this?

Anonymous said...

Alas, for us working folk, summer just blends into the other seasons. The only "summer vacation" we have is Camp Slaw! Otherwise, it's just the daily grind, and we just keep chugging along. The summer weather sure is nice though -- makes the commute a lot more bearable. I often walk the 1.8 miles home from work, aren't you impressed?!