Sunday, July 20, 2008

MY AMAZING TRIP!

Hey, fam! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far because I sure am, especially this past week I spent in Atlanta with the wonderful Lincenbergs! I had so much fun spending time with just the girls (and Uncle Shel). Everyday was funfilled and packed to the limit with excitement. All the Lincenbergs so kindly took time out of their days to spend time with me, but it was easy to see they all have hectic lives. I loved the constont friends and action happening at the Lincenberg house, and there was no doubt it was very different from the Ettleson lifestyle.


First things first. Packed and ready to go, I said good-bye to Mom, and Dad and I were on our way to O'hare airport. We were able to cut right past the long check-in line, to a short line were they allowed Dad to accompany me to the gate. We found our gate, devoured a huge Cinna-bun, and it was time for me to board. Good-bye Chicago, hello Atlanta! The plane fortunately took-off on time, and with a smooth flight, I landed safely at the Atlanta airport. I walked right of the ramp be warmly welcomed by Aunt Julie and Paige. Yay! I made it! We went to get the luggage and we were on way...to Subway! After Paige very maturely ordered 8 subs to go over the phone, we stopped at Kroger (the grocery store) and picked up the sandwiches. Little did I know, tonight we were going to Stone Mountain! We continued to the Lincenberg home where I was hugged by 4 more, Uncle Shel, Kim, Devin, and Jamie. But wait there's one more! Jonathon, Devin's boyfriend, was already at the house, and I learned that I was the second Slaw cousin to ever meet Jonathon (BJ was the first). We caravaned over to Stone Mountain were we saw a huge "mountain" of limestone" and an unforgetable lasershow. By the time we arrived back at home, everyone went straight to bed.


On Sunday morning, Aunt Julie made us butterscotch and chocolate chip waffles. They were delicious! In the afternoon, we toured the World of Coke. I have never tasted such a variety of drinks in my life! I also liked the commercial room where they showed many old Coca-Cola commercials. Of course the heavy rain and storms slowed down the travel time, but we managed to stop at Roaster's were we had the most incredible hostess. I will never forget her, or maybe it's because she was Devin! We also fit some Singstar, ping-pong (Paige-pong), and fooseball in as well.

On Monday, Paige and I made ourselves breakfeast and soon we were off to the neighborhood pool. Aunt Julie joined us when she returned from work. After our relaxing afternoon, it was off to Kroger to get tonight's meal. We were joined by two of Kim's friends for a dinner of spaghetti. Yum! I can't exactly remember if it was this night or last night that we watched My Best Friend's Wedding, but we watched it. We also rented P.S. I Love You and watched that which ever night we didn't watch the other movie. Although I fell asleep during this one. Ooops.

On Tuesday, Paige and I played a few games, watched a little TV, and we were headed to the ortho. After waiting a few minutes we continued to the Perimeter mall, conviently located right across from the W hotel that most of us stayed at just a few short months ago. Paige and I each bought something, and then, I saw this one coming, Aunt Julie couldn't resist from buying us matching shirts. You'll see them at Camp Slaw, don't worry. Aunt Julie also bought us Frappuccinos from Starbucks-very good! We stopped and visited Kim at the Atlanta Scrapbook Connection (where she works), and Paige picked up a few things. We stopped at Kroger to prepare for a delicous BBQ dinner.

On Wednesday, we woke up bright and early, around 9 am. We put our bathing suits on and grabbed some towels because were all ecstastic about our day at White Water! We went on a bunch of really fun rides. The Tornado was my favorite! Featuring a short yet steep drop and a side to side thrill ride, the Tornado was nearly an hour wait. Finally it was time to go home. We popped Paige's Bat Mitzvah Video in the DVD player and Kim made us all pizza.

On Thursday, I went with Aunt Julie to unfortunately her last tennis match. She played doubles, and I was very impressed. I has so much fun, especially since right after I got to play tennis at the neighborhood courts with Aunt Julie, Kim, and Paige. Then Paige and I went to the pool until it was time for our Girl's Night Out. Aunt Julie and Uncle Shel went out, Jamie was home on her day off, and the five of us went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. After, we just hung out at the house, and I played with Joey the gerbil.

On Friday, we spent a lot of time at the pool just fooling around and having tons of fun. Then with a little minor miscommunication we finally made to Nancy's Nails for a relaxing and enjoyable pedicure. Then we made on last trip to Kroger. Devin and Kim were out and about, and a wonderful Shabat dinner was prepared. We lit the candles and enjoyed a beautiful dinner. After, Paige, Aunt Julie, and I went for a "power" walk. We deserved ice cream so we drove out to Carvel. Mmmmm. To finish the day off the four of us watched Juno in their theatre.

Unfortunately Saturday came and it was the final hours, but we made the best of them. Aunt Julie made Rocky Mountain Toast. Then, Devin, Paige, Aunt Julie, and I went the Northpoint mall. We shopped around for about an hour, and came home to quickly change and head for the pool. After spending about hour there, we came home, and I finish packing up. We began our trip to the airport, but it was soon halted by heavy traffic. Jack, the GPS, helped us get out of our tricky situation. We got to the airport in the knick of time and ran to check-in. We raced to the gate only to find my flight had been delayed a half an hour. Ha! Finally, I said good-bye and boarded. My flight was further delayed while I was on the plane, but eventually I made it home. Dad was waiting at the gate and we both gave a big hug. I had so much to share with everyone, and I hope this got the job done for most of you.

Love, Lizzy

P.S. Thanks Jamie for taking your days off from camp counseling during the week I came to visit. I was really glad I got to see you. For those who don't know, Jamie is a counselor for Barney overnight camp so I didn't get to see her as much as the others, but I was happy to see her for short while than not at all.

P.P.S. As Paige has mentioned, she is running a very successful business by caring for people's homes in their absence. I enjoyed tagging along to all of the different houses and playing with their adorable pets.














12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey....I would love to check in at Camp Lincenberg. Can I make a reservation ?? From what you wrote, Liz I guess you came back home to rest up. It certainly sounds wonderful but we all know that The Lincenbergs are very gracious & hospitable. We all did miss you, Liz but we knew you'd have a great time. We're all looking forward to Camp Slaw to end up some of the summers activities. Then we all have Jeni & Rob's wedding to look forward to.along with some graduations and hopefuly more happy occasions. With love, xxxxxx Gram & Gramp

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzy we miss you, when are you coming back?!!!! The only good thing is we get to see you soon at Camp Slaw! (haven't found anything you left behind yet!)

Anonymous said...

boo hoo

Anonymous said...

Lizzy, thanks for posting about your fantastic trip!! It brought back fond memories of my summer trips to Atlanta. I'm jealous that you got to meet Jonathon! It sounds like you spent a lot of time at Kroger :) I saw that shirt on you last night at dinner. I guess you and Paige are never too old for matching clothes. What's Rocky Mountain toast? That's cool that you got to see both Kim and Devin in action at their jobs. Of all the fun things you did, was the ortho excursion the best part of the trip?! j/k! That's great that your were able to see all of the Lincenbergs during your trip. I can't wait to see them soon!

Anonymous said...

Let me know when the paperback version of this post comes out...

Anonymous said...

matt-
funny guy.

Anonymous said...

Sara, Rocky Mountain Toast is a breakfeast or lunch food. It is made by tearing out hole in the center of a piece of bread, putting it on the stove, and carefully cracking an egg into the center. It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh! In my family, we call that "egg in the hole." My dad makes a mean one. In fact, I took pictures of it once to show my friend. I wonder if I could locate those pictures... hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Great post, Lizzy! I enjoyed having you here. Thanks again for the lotion, it smells so good!

Anonymous said...

Lizzy, thanks for such a wonderful description of your trip. And a big thank you to the Lincenbergs for making it happen! You didn't miss much here! But, I am glad to have you back! I missed you! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Fantastic documentary Liz! I give the whole trip two thumbs up. With all that time you spent poolside, I expect you to be sporting one of the best tans at CS 2008!

Spending time with the Lincenbergs in Atlanta is like being on the reality show, "The Amazing Race." They definitely rolled out the red carpet for you. They do it out of love, but it's also a subliminal seductive ploy to get you to move there one day. Oh, those sneaky Lincenbergs!

Yes, I have met Jon-Jon. Once I approved that he was worthy enough to be dating the Amazing Powerful All-Knowing Devin, their relationship has soared to new heights.

During my last solo trip to Hot-lanta, I remember being Paige's sidekick at this one house where we could not find a place to attach the hose that would allow us to water the entire flower kingdom this family possessed. It was quite the head-scratcher.

Congratulations on a successful trip Liz! May there be many more amazing journeys to come.

Anonymous said...

Lizzy, I'm a little blog challenged. Somehow, my comment to your original post showed up under Jake's original post. So check there. With a little practice, I may get better. Then again, maybe not.