Sunday, February 03, 2008

Jamie's Exciting News!

Hey Everyone!

I just got back from Atlanta Council Winter Convention, a huge BBYO convention where elections for the 2008-2009 Council Executive Board took place! I am happy to tell you all that i am the 2008-2009 Atlanta Council Mazkirah! Mazkirah is the secretary which means that I am in charge of communication between chapters,taking minutes at meetings, and other stuff like that. I actually get to plan the biggest convention of the year, called Southern Region Convention (SRC), which takes place in the Fall! Many of my best friends are also on the boys and girls council boards and I am extremely excited!!!
I'm sure that this year will be full of stress and hard-work, but i am so determined to make the most out of my position and really shine as Mazkirah!

I would load a picture of the new boys and girls council boards together.. but the blogger won't let me insert a picture(matt.. why?)

Hopefully soon I will put up a couple of pictures of the new Atlanta Council Exec Board!

Love you all and see you in a short couple of months!

- Jamie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie- congrats!

I'm not sure why you can't upload the picture, but keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Well, Mazkirah, Mazel tov. For someone who wasn't planning on taking another office, I guess you changed your mind. Yes, it sounds like a huge responsibility but we know how capable you are. You know what they say, "if you ever want something done always ask a busy person"! Lots of good luck.....
We love you xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jamie! Sounds like you are one busy girl! Thanks for keeping us posted. It is fun to be in touch!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, that is indeed exciting news! I was the secretary of student council in high school, and I enjoyed that position. I'm sure you will enjoy being secretary for BBYO. And who knows, maybe with all the experience you gain during this position, you might have a future in event planning! That is, after you get tired of being a star, of course!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jamie! I'm very happy for you. Thanks for sharing. Laurie

Anonymous said...

Didn't Mazkirah just win a Grammy award this past weekend for her latest album?