Monday, February 25, 2008

What's new at NU?- Part 2

Hello, people. Since no one has posted in a while, I thought I would give an update about what is happening at Northwestern.

Right now, the second quarter is winding down. They say winter quarter is the longest quarter, and it has felt long, but I'm getting through it. All but one of my midterms are done, which is good. The pledge process at AEPi is finishing up too, which is nice as well. Soon, I will be just another brother. The sports medicine job is getting more intense as the year has gone by, which is good because I have more responsibility and can do more, but I also have to committ more hours to it. Currently, I have to cover football practice twice a week, and practice starts around 6:30 a.m.

I'm coming home next weekend- I'm looking forward to seeing the house and hopefully some of the fam for sunday night dinner. I also cannot wait to leave for Arizona. It has been so cold and it has snowed so much, I need that dry heat to recover. Speaking of trips, I'm also excited for Paige's Bat-Mitzvah, too. That will be a lot of fun.

I'm also currently in the process of getting a job in a lab this summer. I am applying for a research fellowship at the hospital here, and I have contacted and heard back from some professors about working in their labs. It's all pretty exciting, and I think I'm taking the right steps (hopefully) to the future I want.

Anyways, everything over here is going well and I hope this posts inspires others to post as well (no pressure, though).

Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always so exciting to see a new blog. If I knew how to do it then maybe I would give it a go. Your life sounds quite busy, to say the least. Just remember, "all work and no play" isn't the best course. I'm sure it becomes a balancing act. Heard from Kim and she will be here on the 16th of March, returning to Atlanta on the 19th. Possibly you can get together. We're looking forward to seeing you this week end so we can try to fatten you up !!!!!Try to stay warm....Love you, xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Matt,
Well you've got plenty of experience being a brother, so that role should be a piece of cake for you. Speaking of cake, my family birthday party (it's a brunch) is coming up on Sunday, March 16th, and you know I always have the BEST cake!! BJ is planning to be in attendance, which is exciting. Kim, if you're reading this, what time are you coming in? Maybe you could attend as well?!

Thanks for all the updates on the goings-on in your life, Matt. Hopefully I'll see you this Sunday!