Friday, May 30, 2008

The End of the Year: AEPi formal and rafting

First of all, congratulations bloggers on having 150 posts. I'm not sure when I started this blog if this whole "website idea" was going to stick, but it did and that's great.
Now to more pressing matters... the last days of school are finally upon us here at Northwestern, and it's about time- but I have had a very memorable year. AEPi has many of its biggest events at the end of the school year, including AEPi formal and our rafting trip.
AEPi formal was a lot of fun, and it was at the Drake, so, good memories. I went with a friend from my dorm, so that was good. Some of us arrived a little late because there was an engineering quiz right before the formal, so we went to Steak and Shake afterwards.

The rafting trip was a lot of fun, too. We drove for about 6 hours north to Crivitz, Wisconsin and the Peshtigo River. It rained a little, we got lost a few times, but it's always fun spending time with the brothers. The actual rafting was a little nerve wracking, and I actually fell out of the kayak at the bottom of a drop (for the record, it was not my fault). Despite getting a little wet and having sore arms for a few days, I'm definitely planning on going again next year.

After it all, I can't wait to come home and see everyone again. I hope everyone is doing well, and I will see you all soon.

Matt


Me and Vanessa


AEPi Formal- my pledge class


Everyone sleeping in the van (except Dima and me)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...What a great Blog. It sure looks like you and Northwestern are hitting it off big time !! We're very happy that you're experiencing bits and pieces of the big world out there. All education doesn't come from books. Don't tell your Mother that I said that..... We're looking forward to seeing you soon. It's hard to believe that school is almost over for you. Glad that you didn't get hurt on your rafting trip. It must have been a great time. We're looking forward to the summer when I hope you all will be able to relax a bit. Love you, xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

What are you wearing in the picture with your date??? Where is your sportcoat??? Where did I go wrong!!! Notwithstanding the wardrobe dysfunction, I am glad that you are getting involved with things other than your books. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Nice, she's pretty, but may I ask why are you in you "girl's" sweater, matt? Just kidding. It sounds like you had fun. Can't to see you.

Anonymous said...

Matt-you looked totally acceptable. Looks like you did have the sportcoat- you just took it off for a moment to be cas (cas=casual). Anyway, I am so happy your freshman year was such a huge sucess! I'm glad to see how well you have adapted to greek life. Gram is right about not all education comes from books and it looks like you have learned that. Life is all about experiences and these are the ones that will mold you for the rest of your life. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Matthew,
I'm happy to see that you're enjoying your life and finding some much-needed balance. Go for it! Love, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Matt, you've gotten off to a great start, first year out of the way. Enjoyed seeing the pictures from your formal, you both look great! Looks like you have found a balance of studying and having fun! Looking forward to seeing you and everyone at Camp Slaw, Julie