Monday, July 27, 2009

ATL -> STL

I plan on writing a much more extensive and descriptive post when more starts happening, but for now I just wanted to announce that I now live in St. Louis!

Two fridays ago my dad and I drove up and he spent the weekend here helping me get settled. For the last week I have been by myself, which allowed me to get my room all set up and run some errands that needed to be done before everything gets crazy. 

Here are a few pictures of my room! 
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2576313&id=4901793&l=5398447145

BJ is coming to visit me tomorrow thru Thursday, although I'm not supposed to write about that until he has proven his visit to be successful :) Then my roommate (Bethany) moves in on Thursday, and everything will finally get settled. 

On Sunday I have a White Coat Ceremony, which is when I officially become a medical student. My mom is coming to attend that ceremony. Then I have a week of orientation and I begin classes on Aug. 10....anatomy lab, here I come!

I am so glad that I get to see everybody so soon after I start my new life so I have a chance to talk to everybody about it! 

Hope all is well!
Love,
Kim

4 comments:

sara said...

Kim, it sounds like your move to St. Louis went well and everything is off to a good start. It is so wonderful that you are beginning this chapter in your life. I hope it is stimulating, enriching, challenging, and exciting. I am envious of your ambition and proud of your independence. Congratulations on taking this very worthwhile step toward a fulfilling career. I hope you like St. Louis - welcome to the midwest - you have roots here so you should fit right in! Love you and can't wait to see you SOON!

jakey said...

nice job kim

Anonymous said...

After Sara's articulate comments what is left to say other than we wish you the very best and hope all goes well. We are very happy for you and very proud that you're following your dreams.....Hope you have a won- derful visit with B.J. He's lots of fun. The wedding is going to be here before we know it and we should have a great family time. We'll be seeing you soon. We Love you, Gram and PaPa xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeri said...

Kim, thanks for keeping us posted! Lots of luck with everything. Love, Aunt Jeri