Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You can go home again

As I am making this announcement from work, I am not going to wax poetic. However, I wanted all of you to know that it is official--BJ is moving back to the Chicago area. I'm not joking Grandpa, but I can sign a contract with the family if you'd like.

Around 3:30 yesterday afternoon, I got an e-mail from Northwestern University confirming my conditional admission into their Master's Program in Higher Education Administration & Policy. After a night of volleyball and sleep to think things over (and dodging the persistence of Detective Leah Marie), I decided to accept Northwestern's offer. I met with my boss this morning and submitted a letter of resignation.

The timeline at this point is as follows--My first night of class is September 23. I will work through September 19, come home that weekend, attend my first week of classes, drive back to Des Moines to work at Drake September 25 and 26 (my last day) and then complete my transition back to Chicago. Everybody got that? Following Rand has never been more riveting, I know.

More details to come. Stay tuned SLEW. For now, save a spot for me at Sunday dinner on Sept 21.

Feeling and spreading the love,
BJ

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!!!!! I am very much looking forward to your return home :) This is wonderful news! It was such a thrill to open the blog and come across your announcement. Thanks for posting - yea!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I have to find out about this on the BLOG!? You couldn't have called your mother?! I am so thrilled! It's a dream come true. BJ and Leah living in the area and going to grad school. Sara and Eric getting married. What more could a mother ask for? (Grandchildren?) I love you all.
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is too good to be true. B.J., I'm sure that you gave this a great deal of thought. Grampa and I couldn't be more excited knowing that you'll back home. You tried your darndest to live away from this "dysfunctional" family but you are wise enough to know that you belong here !!!!! Needless to say, we wish you much luck and lots of love....xxxxxxx G & G

Kim said...

we are down here in atlanta, but we're SO EXCITED anyway!!!

we love you so much and couldn't be prouder!!!

(one downer...no B.J. the GA Bulldawg...oh well)

SO MUCH LOVE,

the lincenbergs

Anonymous said...

Woah!!!!!!!! BJ, you have no idea how excited I am!!!!! Everyone is(and will be) soooo excited!!!! I can't believe it! Congratulations!!!! The
White family has got it going on!!!! Wow!!! I am so happy for you and don't worry there will always be a seat for you right next to me!!!! I love you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Bowls, I pushed you until you cracked. There is no "dodging" my skillful tactics and scheming ways. I am probably happier than anyone that you are coming home because now I have a roommate! Could you be any luckier? I think not. I am VERY proud of you for taking this step. I know you'll do great.
Love,
LMCACB

Anonymous said...

This is really great news. I am convinced it was "Iowa so Far" that put it all in perspective for you. Congrats on being accepted to Northwestern! We are all so happy to have you home again!! We wish you the best as you start this new chapter in your life!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you, B.J.! Now I can look forward to seeing one more family member over fall break! =)

Anonymous said...

BJ-

I just have to say you have made an incredible and exciting decision accepting admission to SESP (school of education and social policy)- HEAP division (I don't know if that's the official name, but it sounds cool) at Northwestern.

Wherever you are on campus (downtown or in Evanston), just know you have a friend and comrade in me during your studies.

From one wildcat to another, it's good to have you back, and I know you will be great at NU.

P.S. Do you know exactly where you will be living yet?

Anonymous said...

Good call! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I know you all have your theories, but it is no coincidence that BJ is moving back since Sara and I got engaged. The draw of having a new brother is just too much to resist. Congrats BJ.
-Eric