Saturday, June 28, 2008

We're Engaged!




So you've all heard, but here's the actual story...in Rob's words....

I surprised Jen with a trip to the Daytime Emmy Awards (she’s a big “General Hospital” fan). We got in early Thursday morning (5am PT – 5 hour flight delay, though Jen was happy because “All My Children’s” Cameron Mathison was on our flight – he co-hosted the Emmys). After some rest, we headed up the coast to Malibu to El Matador Beach. It’s a really beautiful, natural beach – lots of rock formations. I guess this was a good choice of a beach – because there was an all-day model photo shoot happening (I swear I didn’t plan it that way!).

After a couple of hours in the California sun (yes, I was wearing my 55 SPF and still am pasty white), Jen and I went for a walk to a secluded part of the beach. We sat down and I told her that before we left I had another surprise for her. I pulled out a 25th Anniversary of Luke and Laura’s Wedding “General Hospital” lunch box (You can see what it looks like here: http://abctvstore.seenon.com/detail.php?p=14019&alt_view=TRUE).

At this point I took out my video camera (we had been shooting some scenery at the beach) and started taping Jen, while I said “Open the box, there’s another surprise in there.” She loved the lunch box – and was shocked to find another box (with the “rock”) inside! Of course, while all this is going on, I’m still taping her reaction (remember, this is “me” we’re talking about). Then I shut the camera off for a private moment. (I think she would have said “no” if I kept rolling!).


Attached you will find a few pictures of us, the ring and the surroundings. By chance, a professional photographer was at the same beach at the same time shooting another couple – and she graciously took a few great pictures of us.

Jen and I are both thrilled and happy to share this special moment with you!

Love, Rob and Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...it can't get much better than this !!!! How romantic. It was so fitting to go to a rocky beach and receive your very own rock ! We know that you're coming in town and will be quite busy but we all hope that we can get to see you both one way or another. Grandpa and I are so thrilled for you. You certainly make a beautiful couple. Hope we see you soon. Love you, Gram & Grampa xxxx

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! I can't wait to see you as an official couple! I'm so excited for the wedding. Jessie and Darren's was so much fun and I'm sure yours will be too. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, can't wait to see the video. Well, it was a very romantic way to propose, your starting out on the right track, keep it up! Looking forward to seeing you both at Camp Slaw, and good luck this week, in the search of a place to have it!

Anonymous said...

Great story!!! I am very impressed with Rob's blog debut! Thanks for posting some pictures and sharing your romantic engagement story with us. Love, Sara

Anonymous said...

Rob, every move you made was a masterstroke. Jeni had to have been putty in your hands! Once again, welcome to the family. I hope you're looking forward to Camp Slaw as much as I am, even though I sucked you into a job:)

Anonymous said...

I'm embarrassed to admit that this is the first time I've been on the blog in months. So I am just now reading Rob's post. This is such a great proposal. I'm sure Jenny didn't hesitate in saying "Yes!" Let me add my congratulations. I would also share the words of a very wise man who said, "Keep both eyss open before marriage and one eye closed after marriage." You guys have been dating and living together long enough that you should know each other very well. Nevertheless, you can't imagine how much either one or both of you will change over the years. As Steve and Pam's divorce is the only divorce I can recall in our family, it is easy to assume that most marriages are going well and both partners are happy. A successful marriage is incredibly difficult and requires constant work no matter how long you have been married. So enjoy the bliss of this stage in your relationship. But at the same time, be prepared to work hard and compromise in order to keep your marriage a good one.