Tuesday, April 12, 2011

going the distance

Hi family!

I thought I would give a quick update (with a couple pictures of course) even though I'll be seeing most of you in less than a week. That's right, Kim's coming to Chicago for Passover! Hopefully someone's as excited as I am, haha. And even more exciting news is that I'm bringing a guest with me, my boyfriend Brady, whom you will all have the chance to meet! I know we haven't been dating all that long, but we've been best friends since I moved to St. Louis and he is very special to me. I truly can't wait for you all to meet him.
Here are some pictures from Med School Prom this year:



Other news is that on Sunday I completed my first half-marathon!
That's 13.1 miles through St. Louis, up too many hills, and it was 85 degrees out, but I ran the entire thing and did it in 2 hours and 40 minutes. It was a little slower than my goal, but I did not train in the heat or on mountains, so I'm pretty proud of myself. I ran with my roommate Bethany and here's some pictures from that:














We can catch up more at the seder, just wanted to give the blog some action!

Love you all,
Kim

5 comments:

sara rianna said...

Hi Kim! I am as excited as you that you're coming in town for Passover!!! And I am really looking forward to meeting Brady! I'm so glad I can make it to sedar on Monday, although Eric won't be there. He has a work commitment, and then we're going to his family's sedar on Tuesday. Anyway, thanks for posting pics -- You look absolutely gorgeous for the dance -- I especially love your hair! Was it done professionally? And, wow, congrats on running a half marathon! That is quite an accomplishment. How long did you train for it? It's great to have goals like that to work toward -- I'm really happy for you :)

Matt said...

Great post.

Great pictures.

See you soon.

Aunt Jeri said...

Med school prom??? I never heard of such a thing! I didn't know that existed!

Congrats on the half marathon! Quite an accomplishment especially with hills and heat.

We are looking forward to seeing you at Passover.

Thanks for posting. It is especially nice for us non facebook users!

Gram said...

wonderful to hear from you on the Blog, Kim. I'm happy that Brady decided to join us and I hope we will all behave ! ! ! ! ! Plan on dinner with me (and whoever else) on Sunday night. Looking forward to being together. Love you, x x x x

Phuket Flights said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to more travel, thanks.


Cheap Flights to Harare