Sunday, January 23, 2011

1st Place in the Country!

Hello everyone!

I am very excited to announce that my University of Illinois team was able to bring home 1st place at the PwC xACT National Case Competition this past Friday!!!

Aside from making my presentation on Friday morning, I had a chance to explore New York City. I had a fantastic time with my teammates as we walked around Times Square, went to the top of the Rockefeller Center, and watched the Broadway play Memphis. It was a great trip independent of the results of the competition, but being announced as the 1st place team in the country was truly the icing on the cake!

I hope everyone is off to a terrific 2011, and I am looking forward to some more frequent blog posts throughout the year!

Love, Daniel

11 comments:

Devin said...

Daniel, that is AMAZING! I am so so so happy for you!

Jeri said...

I am very proud of your accomplishment. Very awesome job. You worked very hard on that presentation and your win was well deserved! In addition, you made it to NY before me! Keep up the good work! Love, Mom

Gram said...

Daniel. I am so very proud of you. I know that you and your team worked very hard on this project and it must be a great feeling to have won.
Congratulations ! ! ! I know that there will be many more events in the future and you'll end up on top.
Love, Gram x x x x

Matt said...

In Illinois, I on team ATP. Number one. Good presentation. One day, I go to New York to present to PWC exec. But, mistake...

But, seriously congrats again to you and your team. You good presenter. The best!

http://robshoy.com/post/474685391/in-japan-i-heart-surgeon-number-one-steady

Aunt Julie said...

Great job Daniel, quite an accomplishment with the win and a whirlwind tour of NY as well, way to go!!!

Aunt Joan said...

Fantastic job, Daniel. We are so proud of oyu!

Jeni said...

Great news Daniel! Very sad though that your tour did not include seeing your oldest first cousin who rarely gets visitors from her family. I had no clue you were here. :(

Daniel said...

Jeni,

Sorry about not reaching out, but the trip didn't leave much room for downtime...and subsequently little time for me to visit you...but I have a feeling that I'll make it back to NYC in the future!

Lizzy said...

Congrats! Great work! Better use that money for something good!

sara said...

AMAZING job Daniel! That is a fantastic accomplishment! I am extremely proud of you - Keep up the good work and fun :)

jeni said...

No worries Daniel! I'm glad you had a great experience here in NY and congrats again on the big win. love, jeni