Saturday, September 25, 2010

Senior Year

To those in the family who are not on Facebook/still check the blog, this is for you.

My roommate Carl and I have moved into our new apartment (pictures below), and my class schedule is a little different than usual. I have only one traditional class- biochemistry- which has midterms and quizzes. I have an advanced chemistry laboratory course that occupies my afternoons on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am also beginning an independent study project that counts for a credit each quarter that I am involved in it. The ultimate goal is to complete a scientific project for myself, hopefully produce a senior thesis, graduate with honors, and put a nice capstone on my Northwestern career. This year has a different feel academically to my previous years at Northwestern. I'm excited to get things underway.

In the medical school admissions process, I am between application submission and waiting for interview offers. I currently have three interview offers (St. Louis, University of Illinois, and Case Western), the earliest of which is on Oct. 12, when I will driving down to St. Louis. This is all also very exciting. I am only looking for an opportunity to start another journey, although I am trying to not look ahead too far too soon.

Below are some of the pictures of our apartment. Please keep in mind that we are still in the process of decorating. I look forward to seeing most of the family next weekend.

Matt



6 comments:

Daniel said...

Thanks for the update, and the apartment looks nice!

sara said...

Yea, thanks for the post, as I am in your target audience! I am very impressed with your academic pursuits. An independent study project sounds very challenging to me. Congratulations on the interviews, and I hope they go well. Love, sara

Gram and Grampa said...

Hi, Matt. Thanks for the Post. Your apartment looks great and I'm sure you and Carl will get around to making it "homey."
Sounds like another busy year for you but it's great that you have a plan of action.
We're looking forward to seeing you on Sunday for the Birthday Bash !!!I still can't believe that Lizzy will be "Sweet 16"...........We'll see you soon. Love, Gram x x x x x x

Mom said...

Matt, your place is looking good. Reminds me of me and your Dad's first apartment....

Daniel said...

So, according to mom, your apartment really has that whole 1982 design going on. Boom Roasted.

Daniel said...

To clarify about my last comment...I understand what mom means, but I just want to make fun of Matt. Boom Roasted.