Monday, March 23, 2009

Its due time for a new post

Hello everyone! In addition to us needing a new posting on here, I thought I'd share with you something interesting. Yesterday, I attended a Holocaust Survivor's Luncheon where I got to speak with Survivor's... it was really amazing. The Michigan Daily (our school newspaper) wrote an article about the luncheon, so I'm going to attach it here.   CLICK HERE! 
If you watch the Multimedia video about halfway down the page, I'm in it for a split second, as I was given the honor to light one of the six yartzeit candles.  It's a close-up on my face, so don't be scared! 
Also, incase you're wondering (since I know some of you already know), the guy named Alex in the video speaking is the Alex that I was dating for a while.  
Anyway, thought I'd share this with you! 
Can't wait to see you all SO SOON! 

- devin 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the new post. We realy needed to see somethng other than the snow in Atlanta. I'm sure that this meeting you attended was quite emotional. Your Grandmother and her family must have some very vivid rememberances of the past. It is so true that " we must never forget " We should all listen to the stories of the survivors and realize that we can never let such an unbelievable horror ever happen again.... On a much happier note , we are all excited with the upcoming wedding and getting to be with everyone for this wonderful "simcha". See you soon. with love, x x x x x

Anonymous said...

Very interesting Devin. I watched the video. I think it is wonderful that you attended such a meaningful event. Thanks for sharing!