Friday, October 12, 2007

What's new at NU?

Greetings from Northwestern, bloggers-

A lot has happened here since I last posted on Dummyline a week or two ago. Classes are now in full swing- in fact, I had an organic chemistry test this morning- not much fun, but it's good to get it over with and be able to enjoy the weekend.

I also recently interviewed, was offered, and accepted a job here as a sports medicine aide. It's actually a fairly exclusive position, and I feel very fortunate to be able to take part in the program. Although I don't know all of the specifics, the SMA program mainly involves the sports medicine staff training students to do emergency and basic physical therapy and injury prevention as well as observe surgeries and doctor appointments. No it's not that glamorous- but I do think it would provide invaluable experience to any aspiring doctor (such as myself). And being on the sidelines during an NU football game is pretty neat, too.

Not much else to really talk about. I am looking forward to the Bat-Mitzvah celebration and I will see you all soon.

Matt

here is a short preview of the montage- enjoy:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exciting news from NU. We're
very excited that you accepted the
SMA position. It should give you a
tremendous opportunity. Of course,
sitting on the side lines of the
games is not too hard to take.
We're all looking forward to the gala weekend and know we will have a wonderful time in celebrating Lizzy's Bat Mitzvah. It will be fun
all being together. See you soon.xxx Love ya......

Anonymous said...

matt that sounds incredible!!! what a cool job! med schools are going to love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to see the rest of this montage! You guys always have something entertaining in store for us! Matt, congratulations on landing this exclusive position -- sounds like a great opportunity to get involved in medicine at
Northwestern. I am very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Matt,
I am so happy to hear about your new SMA position. I heard how exclusive it was and yet you prevailed (obviously). We all know how intelligent you are and any group would be lucky to have you as part of their team. I am very proud of you!

Love,
Leah

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like the perfect job! Mazel Tov! Love, Aunt Joan