Sunday, May 06, 2007

Happy Birthday Matt! From your Mother

I cannot believe that I have an 18 year old son! Wow! Where does the time go? I can still remember how my life changed forever on the day Matt was born. I was in awe of the miracle of life. I was so glad that he was finally here! At the same time, I was not sure how to be a Mom! It was all so new to me. I remember crying in the hospital uncontrollably when the Doctor told me that he would have to stay for a few extra days. I remember how helpless I felt watching him from behind the nursery glass while he stayed in a special crib with the lights on him and his eyes covered. I could only hold him for feedings. He must have felt so alone and scared. What a rough start! How would we bond? How would he know that he was loved? Well, we got through it. And when he was finally free from his jaundice treatment and I could take him home, we began our journey. And I do believe that he feels loved! He has brought untold joy into my life. It was so wonderful, that I had to do it again, and again, and again!

Happy Birthday Matt! With lots of love from your Mom!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was so sweet! Happy Birthday Matt! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Slippery Cat! Time for tattoos, voting, and adulthood! I can't believe I have to welcome another one of my baby cousins to adulthood :/ See you next weekend for your birthday celebration part II. Love, sara

Anonymous said...

You can forget the tattoo part!!!
We've been celebrating your Birthday for several days now. That means that we get to sing to
you again, you lucky boy. This
Sunday we'll make it official. It's always great to be together for happy occasions.
Love you, xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY, MATT!!! I miss you so much, I wish I could be there for your birthday celebration on Sunday! Well, I hope you had a wonderful day and have had nice start of adulthood. Happy birthday!<3<3<3

Anonymous said...

Happy 18th, Matt. Can't wait to celebrate with someone younger on Sunday. Love,
Aunt Joan